Getting started on Instagram is a daunting task. Especially now. It appears that every few months, Instagram is adding and improving services for their business customers.
The Instagram services help a business grow its customer base, sell its products, and contact the business client. One type of business feature on Instagram is the contact button. Contact buttons are located on the user’s profile page and make a great addition to your business account. In this article, we shared how to add contact button on Instagram.
Why do you want a contact button on Instagram? Contact buttons allow an individual, or a business, to contact your business without leaving Instagram and no more to search the web for your contact information. It is right there on Instagram. You can decide how you want people to contact you.
There are two choices.
You can add an email contact button or a contact button with your phone number. For the phone contact, you choose to either contact by text or by calling the number. Adding contact buttons on Instagram is a straightforward process and only takes a few minutes to set up.
How to Add Contact Button on Instagram
I know newcomers to Instagram are thinking, “How to add contact button on Instagram?” “It is one more thing to do, and I do not understand half of what I am reading.” Relax. It is a very simple process.
But before you can add contact button on Instagram, you need to set up an Instagram Business Account. Contact buttons are not available on Personal Instagram Accounts. These instructions begin with the expectation that you have an account with Instagram.
First, if you do not have an Instagram Business, you need to set that up. It is effortless to switch your personal Instagram account to a business one. A business account on Instagram is public. This means everyone can view your profile and posts.
Additionally, with a business account, Instagram provides you with information about your viewers and additional analytics. If you do not have a business account, you can easily switch your personal account to a business account in your profile settings. Please follow the instructions below.
- To start, open your Instagram account.
- Then open your Profile Page.
- In the upper right-hand corner of your profile, there are three lines. Click on the lines, then click on Settings.
- Scroll down the page until you see Switch to Business Account. Click on the link and follow the prompts.
- Then follow the prompt to link your Instagram Business Account to your Facebook Business Account. If you do not have a Facebook Business Account, you can set one up by following the prompts. This step is optional, and it does add more marketing possibilities. When you link these two accounts together, every post you publish on Instagram will automatically post on your Facebook Business page. If you do not want a Facebook business page, click on Skip.
- Before you finish, review and add your contact information, then click Save.
- Click on Done on an iPhone or the “check” in the upper right-hand corner of a droid phone.
How to Personalize your Contact Button on Instagram
You can personalize how you want your potential customers to contact you on Instagram. For some businesses, contact by email is preferable. For other businesses, they may prefer contact by text messages or a phone call. You can change your options in the Profile Settings of your Business Account.
How to add contact button on Instagram or change it
- First, open your Profile page.
- Then click on the “Edit Profile” button.
- Review your contact information and decide how you want your customers to contact your business. You can choose an email contact or a phone contact, or both contact buttons in your profile. The phone contact gives you the choice of text message or call, but not both.
- Add your contact information- your preferred email and or your phone number
- Select your contact preference by clicking on the “check” next to your contact info
- Click on Save
- Click on Done on an iPhone or the check positioned in the upper right corner of android phone.
If you only want an email contact button, do not add a phone number to your contact page in your profile. Additionally, if you only want to add a phone contact button on your Instagram page, do not add your email. All contact information on your contact page will be public.
Once you set up your Instagram Business Account, you will see a “Contact Button” on your profile page. If you added your email to your business profile page, an email button appears in your profile. Similarly, If you added a phone number, a “Call” or “Text” button would appear in your profile.
If you added both email and phone contact information, you would have two contact buttons in your profile.